Looking for an Immediate Hire!
At Michigan Auto and Tire, we are always looking for hardworking, talented, and driven individuals to join our team in Woodbridge VA. As a locally owned and operated auto shop, there are many opportunities to continue learning and growing in this field. Our priority is providing a great work environment that includes ongoing training and development as well as rewarding team members accordingly. Be sure to contact us to learn more about joining our team!
We have the latest scanners/diagnostics (Snap-On, Genisys..etc) tools, Alldata, Identifix, alignment machine, welder, BG flush machines, and more. We’re looking to add the right people to grow with the business. Compensation is based on experience, reliability, certifications, and abilities. We offer great benefits, bonuses, and paid vacations.
We are a busy and professional automotive repair shop with very high standards for quality and customer care. We have an immediate opening for an intelligent, professional individual looking for an excellent career opportunity. Applicants must show:
- Maintain high standards for customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to follow instructions
- Lead by example
- Be organized and dependable
This is a great opportunity for excellent pay and a long-term career along with outstanding training and support. Sales and automotive repair backgrounds are preferred.
We are looking for a skilled Auto Mechanic to maintain and repair vehicles. You will be responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them aiming to maximum reliability and functionality.
An excellent auto mechanic has good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. They are well-versed in complex mechanical or electronic systems of vehicles and have excellent problem-solving abilities. They must also be good communicators to provide advice to customers.
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks)
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Proven experience as auto mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
- Excellent physical condition
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is preferred
- Valid certification (e.g ASE) is a definite plus