We want our customers to know how to care for their car or truck properly. Having proper knowledge of your vehicle will allow you to understand and keep your car in good condition for as long as you own it. Keeping your car in its top mechanical condition will allow you to maximize the life of your tires, increase gas mileage, and extend the life of the engine, parts, and tires. We understand how important your vehicle is to your everyday life, so reach out to us at Michigan Auto and Tire (703) 580-0333.
Below is a list of maintenance tips to keep your car in its best condition:
Car Maintenance and Care:
- Change fluids on time
- Change oil every 3,000 miles or 5,000-6000 miles. OR suggested otherwise by the owners/manufacturers manual.
- Brake fluid should be changed every 30,000.
- Transmission fluid should be changed every 30,000
- Schedule a maintenance check every 15,30, 60, and 90,000 miles
- Air Filters should be replaced every 12 months or 12,000 miles
- Fuel Filter should be replaced every 2 years or 24,000 miles
- Avoid driving your vehicle aggressively; this will cause more wear and tear on the car’s components.
- Tires should be rotated every 5,000 miles or every 6 months to ensure equal wear.
- Wheel alignment is also something to keep in check; misaligned wheels can cause even more wear on the tires.
- Keep the spare tire properly inflated.
- If your car does not have a tire pressure monitoring system, make sure to check your tire pressure about every week.
- When your tire tread is down to 1/16th of an inch, tires must be replaced. If you were to put a penny in one of the treads, if part of Lincoln’s head is covered then you’re still good to go.
Rely on our experienced service staff to perform
By following these tips and the service intervals listed, you will have the highest probability of avoiding any major repairs or unexpected failures. Proper maintenance will save you money in the long run and improve you and your family’s safety.
Visit us today at Michigan Auto and Tire, or call us to schedule an appointment.
5610 Richmond Hwy #104, Woodbridge, VA 22191